This was disclosed by Negros Oriental Gov. Roel Degamo during his recent visit to the city to meet with the village chiefs there.
The projects funded by the provincial government include construction of roads, water systems, classrooms, multi-purpose pavement and electricity installation.
Said projects were scheduled to be constructed earlier this year but was postponed when a 6.9-magnitude earthquake hit Negros Oriental in February this year, said Capitol Information Officer Adrian Sedillo.
Sedillo said the projects to be implemented in Guihulngan are in addition to the infrastructure projects already identified under the provincial government’s 20 percent economic development fund.
Guihulngan, which has a total of 33 villages, was one of the areas badly hit by the earthquake.
On February 8, two days after the earthquake struck, Pres. Benigno Aquino III donated P3.3 million as financial assistance to Guihulngan during his inspection in areas damaged by the quake in the province. (www.ugnayan.com)