In its report to Secretary Voltaire Gazmin of the Department of National Defense, PDRRMC said damage to infrastructure stood at P507.3 million, instead of P665 million, as earlier reported.
The amended report excludes national highways and bridges. It only covers damaged provincial roads at P35 million; spillways and minor structures at P2 million; water works at P105 million; school buildings – P251.7 million; and district hospitals, rural health units, barangay health and city health officers at P113.6 million.
Meanwhile, the provincial government said it has received P18.6 million in cash donations for the two calamities that hit the province: tropical storm “Sendong” late last year, and the 6.9 magnitude tremor on February 6.
Of the amount, P12.8 million was for earthquake victims, and P5.7 million for typhoon-affected residents.
The provincial government also reported that it has spent more than P38 million in immediate assistance to earthquake victims, mostly in Guihulngan City, where 166 barangays were affected.